Public Distribution System food items like wheat, rice, pulses, salt, sugar, oil etc. are made available to Indian citizens at subsidized rates by the Department of Food and Civil Supplies. Ration card which is issued in the name of the head member of a family. Now because the ration card holder family is provided ration on unit basis per person, hence the name of the family as well as other members are included in this important document. But then the question comes that after all, how much ration is given on the basis of per person unit.
If you too have just got a new ration card made and you also want to know how much ration is available on the e-unit? So you are reading the right article, because today, how much ration do you get on 1 unit in this article? Or how much ration is available on the ration card? Going to share complete information about this.
Various types of ration cards are issued under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) and Public Distribution System (TPDS). On the basis of these issued ration cards, food items are provided at subsidized rates to the members of the card holder family for livelihood per unit basis. Below we have shared the information about the types of rations and the ration available on them on a per unit basis.
How much ration is available on BPL ration card?
BPL Ration Card Below Poverty Line (BPL) which is issued to the family living below the poverty line. On this card, 15 kg to 25 kg ration is provided to the family per month at subsidized rates through the Public Distribution System.
How much ration is available on APL Ration Card?
APL ration card is given to those families residing in the country who are living their life above the poverty line. On this card, 25 kg to 30 kg ration like wheat, rice, sugar, kerosene oil is provided to the family per month.
How much ration is available on Antyodaya Ration Card?
Antyodaya Ration Card is issued to Indian citizens who are financially poor, and they have no means of income. At the rate of 5 kg per unit of this ration card, wheat, rice, pulses, sugar etc. are provided to the family member at cheap rates from the public distribution system.
How much ration is available on Annapurna Ration Card?
Annapurna Ration Card is issued to those elderly persons of the country who have crossed the age of 65 years. Annapurna Ration Card The elderly card holder is given 10 kg ration per month to run a livelihood.
Note:- How much ration is available on 1 unit? You have to know about it. Let us tell you that the rate of ration and ration available per unit may be different according to the state.
How to Check Ration Card Unit?
If you have a ration card and want to check how many units are in your ration card, then you can follow the steps given below –
- To check the unit of ration card, first you have to go to the official website of NFSA (National Food Security Act).
- If you wish, you can go to the NFSA website by direct clicking on this given https://nfsa.gov.in/ link.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on Ration Card Detail On State Portals in the option of Ration Cards.
- Now you will get the names of all the states here. Where you have to click on your state.
- Here we are telling you how to check the unit of ration card by selecting Uttar Pradesh.
- Gujarat State has to be selected in the given state on the next page of the website.
- As soon as you click on the link of Gujarat, you will come to the website of Food and Logistics Department of Gujarat. Where you have to select your district.
- After selecting the district, now the names of the town and area will appear. Where to select the block.
- After selecting the block, the list of Gram Panchayat will come out in front of you, so from here you have to select your Gram Panchayat.
- Now you have to choose the type of ration card.
- Now the list of ration card number will come out in front of you. Where you have to click on your ration card.
- Now all the information related to your ration card will come out in front of you. From where you will get to see the units of the ration card
In this way you can check the unit of your ration card.
How much ration is available on 1 unit
On a ration card, 5 kg ration per unit is provided by the public distribution system at Riya rates.
How much ration is available on one ration card
How much ration card holder will get on one ration card depends on the members of his family like if there are 5 people in the family then 25 kg ration will be available per unit.
How to check unit in ration card
You can easily check the unit of your ration card by visiting the website of NFSA (National Food Security Act).
How to add unit in ration card
If the name of any member of your family is not included in the ration card. So you can apply for inclusion of his name by visiting the website.
Conclusion:- Ration card is an important government document issued to provide ration at subsidized rates to poor citizens for livelihood. But many times the new card holder family is not aware of how much ration gets per unit. So today we have given you how much ration you get on 1 unit? Have shared information about this. I hope that the given information is good for you.